Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. In 2 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for a driven individual to work in a data-driven product management team, helping impact the user experience on our product. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive our user behaviour and steer the product vision. You will study user behaviour in-depth to validate critical features and user experiences. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of software engineering, data analytics, user experience, device marketing, customer service, and executive team members. This role is a good fit for someone who is creative yet highly data-driven and who has strong customer focus and ‘product sense’, combined with an established track record in user behaviour analysis.
What You Will Be Doing
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization and across entities to identify opportunities for leveraging internal and external data to drive business impact.
- Develop A/B testing framework and release product tests.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement recommendations and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze performance and data accuracy.
- Mine and analyze data to improve and optimize performance, capture meaningful insights and turn them into business advantages.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use modelling to predict outcomes and identify key drivers.
- Use statistical techniques for optimizing products and improving user experience
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) or Economics (Advanced degree in a related topic is a strong plus).
- 2-4 years of experience in analytics & data science, applying these methods to solve product problems.
- Strong strategic aptitude; ability to define and measure the success of a product or feature based on user behaviour analysis on large data sets.
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL language, and experience with visualization tools.
- Working knowledge developing and implementing statistical/ML models (i.e., both supervised and unsupervised) using industry-standard tools (e.g., R, Python).
- Previous experience in consumer internet industry would be preferred.
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields.
What We Offer
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business.