Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
About the Role
We are looking for an organization leader who is expected to start our engineering department in Pakistan. You are expected to hire, build and lead multiple sizable teams while also having the ability to go deep when need be. You need to be highly strategic, with long-range thinking on technology and business solutions, while also leading teams to execute on all fronts. You are expected to create a fast-paced environment with a relentless work ethic that is sustainable. Your impact is felt by a large portion of engineering and is visible to many parts of the company.
What You Will be Doing
- Establish a strong culture, values, and a succession plan to create a dynamic and healthy organization.
- Ensure that our fearless and truth-seeking culture is practised consistently throughout the organization.
- Interpret the company-wide vision and direction set forth by executive team members and establish the vision, direction, and plans for your teams.
- Envision the future for your team, project the needs, see around corners to anticipate problems and challenges, and ultimately setting strategy, tactics, architecture, org structure, etc.
- Construct a coherent and strategic vision and mission for the engineering teams that make up a products/architecture portfolio.
- Provide sufficient direction and strategy so senior managers can plan for their teams' roadmaps.
- Establish good strategy, tactics, and plans for the team to execute effectively.
- Effectively influence multiple levels of managers and teams so that everyone delivers against stated plans.
- Play a highly collaborative role where clarity in his communications will largely determine the effectiveness and efficiency with which cross-functional duties are executed.
- Make bold bets and set a direction which sets up the department for future success.
- Ensure that the best decisions are made for the company rather than any local team.
- Stay abreast of leading and cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices and absorb relevant and suitable technology based on the projected benefits to the engineering development departments.
- Play a leadership role in the engineering of the company where you seek excellence in all engineering disciplines inclusive of data processing, quality assurance, application development, analytics, machine learning, algorithms, and data warehousing.
What You Will Need
- 13+ years of hands-on engineering teams management experience and proven ability to drive all aspects of key initiatives that are important to the company's success.
- A strong demonstrated record of technical engineering experience and is up to date with leading and cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices.
- A track record of leading cross-team efforts that deliver meaningful results across engineering, product, and/or design.
- Skills and capabilities to manage department level organization with multiple large teams under several managers.
- Exceptionally good communication skills in his leadership position where the clarity of his communications to engineering personnel will determine the success or failure within the business.
What We Offer
- A unique chance to travel like a diplomat
- Ground floor opportunity: shape the strategic direction of the company
- Make a difference - SWVL is not just another social web app. They are moving real people/assets and changing transportation for the future