Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 2 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior FrnEngineer to join our Frontend team. You’ll be designing, developing, deploying and operating our various dashboards that serve our internal team and our customers.
What You Will be Doing
- Influence and contribute to Swvl’s platform & system architecture.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team and the frontend chapter.
- Work hands-on in a team.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the frontend chapter.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
What Will You Need
- 8+ years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining web applications and systems
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- Understanding of software design patterns
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Familiarity in state management libraries like Redux and MobX.
- Experience working in a micro-frontends environment
- Good understanding of bundling tools like Webpack, Gulp or Grunt.
- Good understanding of reactive programming libraries like RxJs.
- Experience with Maps APIs like Google maps, or MapBox etc.
- Ability to write snapshots for UI components.
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Experience working with containers and container orchestration
Plus Qualifications that would be nice to have:
- Understanding of server-side rendering.
- Familiarity with TypeScript.
- Good understanding of CSS preprocessors like SCSS, and LESS, etc.
- Knowledge of SEO principles.
- Developing progressive apps.
What We Offer
- Great opportunity to be part of a start-up with a lot of responsibility and independence early on and where you will have an impact on the entire business