Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first $1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development.
What do we do in the Travel tribe?
We're re-imagining cross-cities mass transportation, helping people get to beaches, business trips, or visiting their families on holidays.
We're always aspiring to maintain maximum customer satisfaction by tailoring each and every aspect of the travel experience. Come join us in the journey of reshaping how we help customers discover the best Swvl ride for them helping them reach their dream destinations.
What will you be doing?
- Leading architectural and design decisions.
- Conducting code reviews and ensure high code quality.
- Reviewing technical graduation tasks and conducting technical interviews.
- Unblock and mentor other squad members.
- Conducting release trains and ensuring deployments stability.
- Leading engineering efforts from design to implementation, decomposing complex business problems.
- Working with an amazing team hand to hand on the customer app flows.
- Enhancing the system performance, providing high throughput endpoints.
- Riding with a hyper-growing company, requiring an agile mindset.
- Designing, building, and maintaining high-performance, reusable, and reliable code.
- Writing unit tests to ensure the quality of the developed features.
- Identifying bottlenecks and fixing bugs.
- Comfortably building and scaling systems in a growing services infrastructure.
- Integrating third-party APIs in our Meta Search Engine.
- Having fun doing it.
- You are an experienced engineer comfortable throughout the services development cycle: design, implementation, deployment.
- You have more than 8 years of experience in software development.
- Solid knowledge of system design and architecture.
- Experience with software design patterns.
- Solid knowledge of microservice, event-driven, and serverless architectures.
- Solid understanding of domain-driven design.
- Experience with different message queueing services.
- Experience with different types of databases.
- Solid experience in Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins.
- Experience in Agile framework and Scrum methodologies.
- Experience with profiling and code analysis tools.
- Experience with asynchronous programming.
- Experience with functional programming.
- Solid knowledge of multithreaded programming.
- Experience with source control systems such as Git.
- Good knowledge of best cyber security practices (such as OWASP).
- Movie geeks, experienced gamers, bookworms, petrol heads, and melophiles are all welcome.