Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the role
The VP of People & Culture helps create an environment that is highly productive, meaningful, inclusive, and enjoyable for all people who work at Swvl. Given our current and anticipated growth both internally and externally, the company needs an innovative and forward-thinking leader who can blend sound business judgment with People function expertise while using innate resourcefulness and creativity along Swvl’s journey to becoming an influential market leader as well as leading employer of choice.
The mandate calls for a company builder, a strategist and a highly engaged, and empathetic individual to lead an essential business capability and to foster a world class company culture driven by the Swvl’s core values.
What You’ll do
- Develop and execute People strategies, programs, processes and policies across the entire employee lifecycle that are aligned with the company’s growth objectives.
- Establish operational excellence including leveraging technology and analytics towards creating strong People practices
- Build Swvl’s organization that is highly mission and values-aligned in order to create a sought after employer brand.
- Be the steward of Swvl’s Culture and Values. Exemplifying what it means to be human-centered, a partner, future oriented, an owner and able to celebrate along the way.
- Act as a Trusted Partner who represents and embodies the best interests of the company and its people.
- Serve as an intermediary between the Swvl’s Leadership Team and employees on critical people issues.
- Lead the people operations infrastructure team in identifying ways to automate and leverage technology for scale
- Support performance and development at individual, team, and company levels through a variety of programs and initiatives—including skill development rubrics, creative career pathing, learning & development programming, and talent management
- Own the people's agenda and increase engagement levels across the organization through meaningful programs within performance management, learning and development, rewards and overall workplace health.
What you bring to the team
- Thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment with a proven track record in building and running People programs within matrixed organizations
- Minimum 12 years of experience across multiple People functions with at least 5 years in a Senior Leadership role at a high growth SaaS or technology company. Start up experience is a bonus.
- Proven experience in Organizational design, HR transformation projects and change management.
- Demonstrate ability to manage a direct team as well as indirect stakeholders in support of an organization’s strategy.
- Possess strong business acumen with the ability to create win-win strategies that advance the development of our teams and the strategic and financial trajectory of the company.
- Have a track record towards innovating in the People space with a mindset for leveraging Swvl as a platform
- Ability to practice calm and sound judgement under pressure and in support of the organization and our people. .
We offer an attractive tax free compensation and benefits package including a stock option plan, health insurance, 25 days paid vacation, and that's before you even step in the office!