Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first $1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development.
What do we do in the Travel tribe?
We're re-imagining cross-cities mass transportation, helping people get to beaches, business trips, or visiting their families on holidays.
We're always aspiring to maintain maximum customer satisfaction by tailoring each and every aspect of the travel experience. Come join us in the journey of reshaping how we help customers discover the best Swvl ride for them helping them reach their dream destinations.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate with the team in boosting the quality of the product, releasing features, and creating hotfixes.
- Apply the best engineering practices within your team and Android chapter.
- Support development teams in decision-making and you provide guidance with your expert advice.
- Work hands-on in a squad.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the Android chapter.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable, and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Define, scope out, and lead a long-term effort to solve large meaningful problems for Swvl Android application.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Collaborating with designers, product managers, and other engineers to iterate on new features.
- Dedicate yourself to testing, checking code quality, reviewing colleagues' code, and writing down documentation.
- Write unit-test for your code for robustness including edge cases and general reliability.
- More than 3 years of experience.
- Your mother tongue is Kotlin.
- Solid level knowledge in Android development, with a deep understanding of Android core frameworks
- Solid understanding of the design and architectural patterns.
- Solid experience with building Android user interfaces, including animation frameworks, and complex touch-based UI.
- Experience with offline storage like Room, or raw SQLite.
- Solid Knowledge in CI/CD and Unit Testing (UI / instrumental is a plus!).
- Experience with A/B testing and analytics providers.
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming, multithreading, networking, and source control management (GIT).
- Contribute to the Android community.
- Movie geeks, experienced gamers, bookworms, petrol heads, and melophiles are all welcome.