Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan. Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
We are looking for an analytical and result-driven Analyst with strong programming skills for our Captain Experience team, who will design, build, and own end-to-end large-scale projects and ML systems that touch the supply side. Some topics you will work on include -but are not limited to- satisfaction, contact rate, Bot flow, Automations, captain-driven continuous experimentation. The ideal candidate should have a solid understanding of state-of-art technologies, software design & architecture, data pipelines, and of course passion for problem-solving. So, in other words, we are looking for a real problem solver/engineer first and foremost but someone with full-stack Data Science experience on top.
The role will be a part of the Experience Team and you will collaborate with Product, Ops, SRE, DWH teams.
What You’ll Do
● Build end-to-end machine learning solutions
● Conceptualize and implement data driven solutions to business problems by understanding business processes and collaborating with business stakeholders across multiple offices and regions
● Identify the pain points (and/or growth opportunities) in our existing solutions, go deep into the data to develop hypotheses, and to propose strategies that address complex business challenges
● Design and evaluate experiments at scale
● Help to improve and maintain the infrastructure and the pipelines not only we use but provide to the rest of the team to enable them
● Analyze large amounts of data to discover trends/insights and leverage them for generating valuable feedback to multiple functions
● Contribute to our understanding of the business by conducting extensive research and by driving innovation throughout the company
● Define and measure success rate of how models are used in decision making, create feedback loop to enhance models based on business feedbacks
● Be proficient in specific business domain , and serve as the smart business owner of the business KPIs
● Improve automation and workflow.
What You’ll Need
● A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Economics, or a related quantitative field with at least 3-4 years of working experience as a Data Scientist or Analyst
● Working knowledge of Machine Learning models and scalable ML systems
● Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches and designing large-scale experiments
● Solid understanding of statistics and math
● Strong programming skills in Python/R; familiarity with Scala and JS is an asset
● Demonstrated experience with database technologies
● Knowledge of application architecture and design patterns
● Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP
● Experience in dynamic pricing optimization is a huge plus
● Fluent in English
● The ability to work in a very dynamic, flexible, and high-paced culture