SWVL is a fast-growing data driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in Kenya and is continuously making people’s lives better. We started with an observation of the over dependence on personal cars and the consequent pains of moving around the city. Rush hours, traffic, terrible driving habits and unavailability of parking spots came to mind in addition to the pain of the high cost of on-demand services.
Our goal is to transform the transportation scene in Kenya, through providing a technology-based alternative to public transportation; a smart solution that solves the transportation equation, leading to helping more commute for less, with ease and comfort.
SWVL is a revolutionary idea born out of passion and a strong desire to change people’s lives. We strive to provide more than just a means to facilitate commuting and have a hunger to provide out of the box solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. We currently have operations in three (5) countries, Kenya, Egypt, Pakistan, Dubai and Jordan.
The Supply Performance & Quality Manager will be responsible for monitoring operational metrics and drive excellence. He/she will also be responsible for conducting primary and secondary research for supply pay-outs.
The role will report to the Head of Operations/Kenya
Roles and responsibilities
In more detail, the areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
● Monitor the operational metrics and drive excellence.
● Diagnosis of operational challenges and identify areas of improvement.
● Assign owners and provide visibility to functions with respective KPIs.
● Provide insights to right stakeholders to help improve the performance.
● Identify captains for retraining with Experience team, sharing insights with Earnings for churned fleet, Driving app adoption etc.
● Implement CBD policy based on lacking KPIs.
● Optimize over spend on CBD.
● Conduct primary and secondary research for supply pay-outs.
● Competitive benchmarking for different categories.
● Validate learnings by experimenting various pay-out structures
● Help categories reach sustainable UE.
● Ensure retention of captains.
● Liaison closely with finance for payment automation.
● Help define value proposition for supply acquisition team for categories.
Experience and personal qualities
● Strong Microsoft Excel Skills.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
● At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
● Effective planning, organising, and time management skills;
● Self- driven individual with the ability to work under little supervision.
● Strong attention to detail and extremely organised; and
● A commitment to teamwork and working in a professional manner.
This role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya