Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the role
The Finance & Reporting Manager is responsible for managing the financial planning and forecasting process, strategic planning and delivering insight through management reporting and analysis ensuring that this evolves to meet the needs of the business.
This position provides leverage and support to the Head of Finance to holistically monitor the P&L, implement initiatives and effectively meet business objectives in the following key areas. The position works closely with the Commercial and Finance and Accounting Managers to monitor the business performance and early detection of issues.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for the day to day activities of accounting and cash flow management and the initial preparation of the annual statutory accounts whilst ensuring that the relevant controls are adhered to and in place
- Managing the transactional accounting for the company liaising with and utilizing the services of an outsourced service provider as appropriate
- Act as the main contact for the annual statutory audit of the new entity accounts
- Provide backup and support for other statutory entities under the Financial Operations team remit as required
- Consolidating data from separate geographies into the ‘Middle East’ for submission
- Preparation of Regional submission decks
What You'll Need
- Degree in Accounting and around 5-7 years of experience in financial reporting for a global organization.
- Proven experience in advanced financial reporting, checking monthly financial closings by each operating country, performing group financial consolidation
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills
- Organized with high attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and multi-task with a sense of urgency in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of stakeholders
- Excellent team player who is able to work in a virtual/global team
- Resourceful and creative problem solver