SWVL is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast growing data-driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries (Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan).
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
About the role
We are looking for a driven individual to work in the organization’s Central Analytics Planning team, driving a positive growth across the supply and demand aspects of the business. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive our user behaviour and organize the shape of supply to cater to the right demand. This role requires you to mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization, implement smart business strategies and improve product development and marketing techniques. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of software engineering, data analytics, user experience, device marketing, customer service, and executive team members.
What You Will be Doing
• Work with stakeholders throughout the organization and across entities to identify opportunities for leveraging internal and external data to drive business impact.
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modelling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
• Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
• Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
• Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
What You Will Need
• Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or Economics. Advanced degree in a related topic will be added advantage.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in analytics & data science, applying these methods to solve business problems.
• Strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on the development of business strategies.
• Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts of regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage
• A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
• Experience in manipulating data sets and building statistical models, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.