Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first $1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development.
What do we do in the Travel tribe?
We're re-imagining cross-cities mass transportation, helping people get to beaches, business trips, or visiting their families on holidays.
We're always aspiring to maintain maximum customer satisfaction by tailoring each and every aspect of the travel experience. Come join us in the journey of reshaping how we help customers discover the best Swvl ride for them helping them reach their dream destinations.
What will you be doing?
- Collaborate with the team in boosting the quality of the product, releasing features, and creating hotfixes.
- Influence and contribute to iOS architecture across the engineering organization.
- Drive the best engineering practices within your team and iOS chapter.
- You support development teams in decision-making and you provide guidance with your expert advice.
- Work hands-on in a squad.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the iOS chapter.
- Define, scope out, and lead a long-term effort to solve large meaningful problems for Swvl iOS application.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Collaborating with designers, product managers, and other engineers to iterate on new features.
- Dedicate yourself to testing, checking code quality, reviewing colleagues' code, and writing down documentation.
- Write unit-test for your code for robustness including edge cases and general reliability.
- More than 5 years of experience.
- Your mother tongue is Swift, but you also speak Objective C.
- Solid understanding of the design and architectural patterns.
- Solid experience with building iOS user interfaces, including animation frameworks, and complex touch-based UI.
- Strong Knowledge in Workflow Automation and Unit Testing.
- Experience with A/B testing and analytics providers.
- Solid understanding of protocol-oriented programming, multithreading, networking, and source control management (GIT).
- Contribute to the iOS community.
- Movie geeks, experienced gamers, bookworms, petrol heads, and melophiles are all welcome.