Swvl is a global tech startup based in Dubai that provides a semi-private alternative to public transportation for individuals who cannot afford or access private options. The Company has built a parallel mass transit system offering intercity, intracity, B2B and B2G transportation in 10 megacities across Africa, Asia, and the Middle East. Swvl’s tech-enabled offerings make mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly, while still ensuring that it is accessible and affordable for everyone. Customers can book their rides on an easy-to-use app with varied payment options and access high-quality private buses and vans that operate according to fixed routes, stations, times, and prices.
Responsibilities and Duties:
● You will build and lead a global Business Development team, with the goal of offering seating supply to Swvl’s intercity customers through the Swvl marketplace (app and website) globally.
● You will maximize profitability in the intercity Swvl marketplace by implementing key capacity, pricing and commission optimization initiatives with our bus partners/aggregators.
● You develop strong relationships and work hand-in-hand with various Swvl teams, always communicating effectively as the voice to and from the partner/aggregator network to the rest of the Swvl organization.
● You coordinate all contractual topics between Swvl and our bus partners/aggregators.
● You define and develop standards and processes for the collaboration between internal and external stakeholders, e.g. demand/growth, network planning, finance, operations and our bus partners/aggregators.
● You hold a degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
● You have leadership experience gained through 7+ years of business and team responsibility.
● You have a background in (transportation, ride hailing, logistics, e-commerce, consulting, investment banking) or similar industries as well as in project management.
● Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to back up assumptions.
● Strong negotiation skills at a senior level with international bus operators and aggregators.
● Fluency in English is required, any other language is a plus.
● Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed
● You bring an entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on mentality and are full of energy and ambition.
● You are organised. You deliver on time & handle competing priorities well.
● You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are an inspirational leader and never stop challenging the status quo.
● You are a strong communicator; you enjoy representing your teams and lead with both confidence and passion.