Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 3 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary and extremely talented team. The ideal candidate thrives in an agile environment and has a strong passion for distributed systems, Big Data, ETL and production quality software.
- Design, implement, maintain and scale our data pipeline.
- Design, implement, maintain and scale our ETL and ETL framework.
- Come up with efficient solutions for challenging problems with robust, scalable, reusable, efficient, production-quality software.
- Brainstorm ideas, write proof of concepts and benchmarks.
- Implement analytics using big data platforms and frameworks.
- Document the architecture and the technical details of each project clearly.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with the relevant teams throughout the lifecycle of each project.
Skills & Requirements
- 3-5 years of experience
- Solid algorithms and data-structures knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of concurrency concepts.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems.
- Expertise in one or more object oriented programming languages (Python, Java, C++).
- Good knowledge of Scala
- Strong SQL and relational DB experience.
- Experience with relational and non-relational data modeling .
- Experience with one or more distributed batch data processing platforms (Hadoop, Spark, etc..).
- Experience with one or more distributed real-time data processing platforms (Spark streaming, Storm, Flink, etc..).
- Experience with Kafka and other pub/sub data buses
- Good knowledge of at least one non-relational database technology (columnar, graph, or document databases).
- Experience with Protocol Buffers, Apache Thrift, or Apache Avro.
- Experience with BigQuery is a plus.
- Eager to learn and improve.