Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer to join our team.
About Travel Tribe
In the Travel tribe, we're re-imagining cross-cities mass transportation, helping people get to beaches, business trips, or visiting their families on holidays.
We're always aspiring to maintain maximum customer satisfaction by tailoring each and every aspect of the travel experience.
Our goal is to be reliable, accurate, and scalable. We do this by helping customers discover the best Swvl ride for them helping them reach their dream destinations
- Ability to work with agile methodology, experience in driving and delivering high-quality products to production
- Be responsible for teams' productivity and have the ability to seek out areas of improvement in tools, software frameworks, and processes that you can implement to make the team more productive. Co-Work with Test Infrastructure to optimize test environments
- Develop and manage roadmap and execution of software test architecture
- Support failure analysis on systems returned from the field and use data to improve test strategies and processes
- Address technical debt incurred affecting infrastructure.
- Lead the development of complex end to end quality strategies and approaches; oversees test automation strategy development and execution for large projects or technical domain area
- Creates, approves, and manages all types of automated test strategies across all parameters both functional and non-functional areas; including system, integration, performance, security, usability.
- Stress, Scale, and Load testing of our products
- Review and test your teammates pull requests.
- Create a vision for quality management
- Supports test team by providing technical guidance, domain expertise, coaching, and problem-solving in complex or large projects
- Actively contribute to improving the testing processes overall
- Participates in improving the chapter performance & approaches
- Influences the direction of automation efforts, its schedule, and priorities
- Having a bigger picture whenever a new feature/project is initiated and being able to build a good test infrastructure for it (documentation, automation & test plans)
- Proven experience introducing and qualifying manufacturing test solutions to production facilities
- Experience in managing detailed test coverage and improving test efficiency.
- Strong technical knowledge – able to interpret technical designs and challenge design decisions.
- Strong experience with Linux/MacOS
- Experience of Docker, Kubernetes, and container technologies in general
- Ability to create CI/CD pipelines for the related projects
- Experience in performance, load, and stress testing types
- Knowledge of testing approaches like TDD and BDD.
- Experience in testing backend services such as APIs, Databases, distributed services "distributed system"
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems - not just able to find out the 'what', but also the 'why'
- Clear, logical communicator.