Head of Operations - Pakistan
Reporting to: Global Head of Operations
Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data- driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Gulf, Middle East and Africa.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
The Head of Operations for Swvl Pakistan is an important member of the core leadership team. Reporting to the Global Head of Operations, you will shape and execute our operations and engagement strategy for the next phase of the business, carefully considering the stage and competitive context of our business and the different requirements across our cities in Pakistan. Your team will also optimize all operational aspects of the supply experience, support product rollouts. The right candidate will be strategic, analytical, strong in project and stakeholder management, and has a deep understanding of the Pakistan supply landscape.
What You’ll Do
- Vision : Set vision and develop strategy of operations and experience in Pakistan in coordination with the central operations team
- Influence and coordinate a variety of levers: some of which are owned by your team (supply lifecycle management), and some of which are owned by cross functional teams (brand marketing, performance marketing) to achieve shared strategic objectives.
- Maintain a pulse on the industry landscape: to constantly assess opportunity areas, document and communicate market intelligence.
- Build a high performing team: and motivate them to continually achieve higher levels of business impact
- OKRS: Develop, own and track supply operations OKRs across Pakistan Involving supply acquisition and engagement KPIs
What You’ll Need
- 9+ years professional relevant experience in a fast-moving environment (management consulting is a plus), including 5+ years of people management experience.
- Outstanding track record leading functions that included combinations of the following: operations management, strategy, business analytics, program / project management
- Passionate about managing an amazing team - You excel at working with diverse & specialized teams, seeing different points of view, and building solutions together. Developing great minds is what you love.
- Excellent business judgement and strategic thinking skills
- Analytical rigor - We use data to inform our decisions; you'll quickly identify what data you need to solve a problem and how to analyze it to get to the answer. You'll have experience dealing with complex data sets, deriving insights and checking against what you see in the real-world.
- Excellent stakeholder management, incl. Experience collaborating directly with internal/external senior leadership. Skill in supporting business stakeholders to achieve their critical objectives.
- MBA degree is preferred