Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
At Swvl’s People and Culture team, we're looking for people with talent, passion, eagerness to learn and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Swvl, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think out of the box and aren't afraid to challenge the status quo.
Who will love this job:
- A strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we’re going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there.
- A partner and connector who builds trusted relationships with employees, managers and leaders by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners.
- A business partner who deeply understands Swvl’s strategy and aligns it with the organization’s structures, processes, initiatives and processes.
- A collaborator, who gets energy from working with leaders to create the best possible teams and organizational structures.
- A strategic thinker whose decisions are informed by data, experience, and Swvl’s values.
- A coach who loves building and developing high-impact teams.
- Act as a coach, partner, and confidant to employees, managers and leaders.
- Guide and support Swvl through extraordinary global growth.
- Advocate for and serve as a resource for Swvl employees.
- Partner with People Programs, People Operations, Career Growth, Rewards, Inclusion and Diversity and L&D to develop programs that continually elevate Swvl’s game.
- Analyze people data and trends to inform decisions on strategy and programs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 4+ years of experience as a People Partner or in HR in general, preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations.
- Talent, Passion and Eagerness to learn.
- Experience in partnering and influencing leaders to help drive their people strategy and increase business results.
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to partner and influence across diverse groups and experience levels