Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
We are looking for driven individual to work in a data-driven business management team, helping impact the user experience on our product. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive our user/partner behaviour and steer the business vision. You will study user behaviour in depth to validate critical features and user experiences. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of software engineering, data analytics, user experience, device marketing, customer service, and executive team members. This role is a good fit for someone who is creative yet highly data-driven and who has strong customer focus and ‘business sense’, combined with an established track record in user behaviour analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization and across entities to identify opportunities for leveraging internal and external data to drive business impact
- Develop A/B testing framework and release product tests
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement recommendations and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze performance and data accuracy
- Mine and analyze data to improve and optimize performance, capture meaningful insights and turn them into business advantages.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use modeling to predict outcomes and identify key drivers.
- Use statistical techniques for optimizing products and improving user experience
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or Economics. Advanced degree in related topic is a strong plus
- 1-3 years of experience in analytics & data science, applying these methods to solve product problems
- Strong strategic aptitude: ability to define and measure success of a product or feature based on user behaviour analysis on large data sets
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL language, and experience with visualization tools \
- Working knowledge developing and implementing statistical/ML models (i.e., both supervised and unsupervised) using industry standard tools (e.g., R, Python)
- Previous experience in consumer internet industry would be preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Fluency in English