Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Engineer to join our team.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Apply academic research to Swvl’s different problems.
- Design and implement creative proofs of concepts (PoCs).
- Work with complex mathematical models and use graph, search, computational geometry or other related algorithms.
- Solve optimization problems using techniques like metaheuristics, linear programming, constraint programming, etc.
- Analyze data, extract meaningful insights and draw conclusions.
- Conduct experimentation and evaluation of research outcomes and proposed solutions.
- Formulate and contribute to identifying Swvl’s short-term and long-term problems.
- Contribute directly to Swvl’s products from the business needs to the final delivery.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to apply knowledge in real-life problems
- Very good reasoning and logical thinking
- Creative and outside the box thinking
- Business acumen is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Very good research skills
- Knowledge of advanced algorithms and optimization theory is a plus
- Background in data science: data analysis, machine-learning methods, statistical modeling, and testing is a huge plus
- Sufficient coding and design concepts
- BSc. in Computer Science, Engineering or a relevant field.
- 5-8 years of industry experience.