Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 4 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Engineer to join our Frontend team. You’ll be designing, developing, deploying and operating our various dashboards that serve our internal team and our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Influence and contribute to Swvl’s platform & system architecture.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team and the frontend chapter.
- Work hands-on in a team.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the frontend chapter.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
Our Front-End Stack:
- React - Next.js - Typescript - React Query - Github actions - React Testing Library
- 5+ years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining web applications and systems.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- Solid understanding of software design patterns
- HTML/CSS experience, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Experience with Typescript is a bonus.
- Strong experience in developing web applications using React.
- Familiarity with server side rendering, experience with Next.js is preferred.
- Experience with browser APIs and optimizing frontend performance (e.g. code-splitting, three-shaking, lazy loading assets, using CDNs, caching, compression, etc..)
- Understand the importance of testing front-end components and has experience with creating unit and integration tests related to the front-end components they develop.
- Experience working with Design Systems is a bonus.