Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
In 3 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Senior Backend Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability, and continued development.
About Marketplace Tribe:
Marketplace is the platform that connects customers and captains. Our goal is to be reliable, profitable, and scalable. We do this by focusing on ETAs (Estimated Time of Arrivals), pricing, dispatching, support multiple choices of rides, and the network’s efficient coverage growth.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and mentor Junior Software Engineers in understanding coding standards, tools, and best practices to help their growth and our team’s overall success.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code using Node/GO/ Scala
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Comfortable in building and scaling systems in a growing services infrastructure. You are driven to improve performance, enhance code quality, and establish best practices for your team.
- You are an awesome experienced engineer that is more than comfortable writing Node.JS, Go or Scala.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of different datastores
- Experience with caching systems
- Experience with software ci/cd systems
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management
- Experience with microservice architecture