Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better daily in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, KSA, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the role
This role reports to the Senior Operations Manager – GCC and is based out of Karachi, Pakistan.
- Leverage your business understanding and leadership skills to lead process improvement across internal and external groups.
- Partner with peers across the company as well as external clients to understand pain points, root cause and then drive and measure solutions.
- Work with product / tech teams to identify gaps in the current product offering and ensure robust solutions are in place.
- Create and report on KPIs related to productivity, customer promise and operational excellence.
- Work with the on-ground teams in different geographies to drive projects geared towards process improvement and optimization.
- Enable the teams in GCC with required data analytics support.
- Effectively manage the local and central resources in the Operations Performance and Analytics – GCC team and drive their performance through clear and trackable KPIs.
- Dive into complex analysis of systems and tools to solve analytical problems and execute solutions.
- Undertake planning exercises to ensure that networks designed for customer transport are fully optimized according to their needs.
- At least 4-6 years of experience in a relevant role in a tech driven company.
- Excellent ability to manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Combination of technical know-how with empathy, patience, and strong communication skills.
- Proven track record for building and managing operational and /or analytical teams.
- High degree of confidence in dealing with difficult conversations and experience of performance management.
- Willingness to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively.
- High levels or self-motivation and ability to manage change in a positive manner.
- Extensive experience using SQL and other data analytics tools like Tableau / Looker etc.