Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 4 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Senior iOS Engineer whose passion is coding to join and leverage our team of talented engineers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Influence and contribute to iOS architecture across the engineering organization.
- Drive the best engineering practices within your team and iOS chapter.
- Work hands-on in a squad.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the iOS chapter.
- Define, scope out, and lead a long-term effort to solve large meaningful problems for Swvl iOS application.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable, and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
- From 5-8 years of experience
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- Your mother tongue is Swift, but you also speak Objective C
- Solid understanding of the design and architectural patterns
- Strong Knowledge in Workflow Automation and Unit/UI Testing
- Experience with CoreData, Realm or other data persistence framework
- Contribute to the iOS community
- You are a software craftsperson