Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries across the globe.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
As Swvl continues to expand its SaaS/TaaS services around the world, the Swvl team is looking for a motivated hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment to take Swvl’s SaaS/TaaS to the next level.
As the Operations Manager for Swvl, you will assume responsibility for the smooth execution and continuous improvement of our services in your market. You will also own the Swvl mission of moving people better in your region, build processes to automate and streamline our customer and supplier experience and lead a team of highly motivated individuals to ensure Swvl continues to provide exceptional services at scale.
We are looking for an experienced business leader with a proven track record of leading matrixed teams and exceeding targets. To be successful in the role, we need a motivated self-starter with an engaging personality and strategic mentality who thrives in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
What You’ll Do
- Shape the supplier acquisition and experience strategy and handle their core ops/experience KPIs
- Aid the sales functions in customer retention KPIs and streamline the funnel from sales to everyday customer experience
- Deliver positive results against quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Continuously work on improving customer experience and Swvl’s processes to handle rapidly increasing scale with a lean team
- Cultivate and maintain deep relationships with both current clients and new prospects
- Be a subject matter expert in your domain, constantly review the market to determine client’s changing needs
- Go above and beyond to find new market opportunities for Swvl and further our ambition to decentralize and innovate
- Manage a team of motivated individuals in the region
- Works well across teams - role will interact with Marketing, Partner Success, Product, and Operations teams frequently
- Report on monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
- Talent magnet -- demonstrated history of hiring top talent and working with them at successive companies.
- Drive your team to expand knowledge and nurture professional development and performance.
What You’ll Need
- 5+ years of experience managing both sales and operational teams across multiple territories.
- Outstanding business judgment and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish high-value priorities and strategies to pursue them.
- Experience working effectively with internal and external partners in a constantly evolving, rapid-growth environment.
- A portfolio of achievement of working to streamline and manage operations at scale
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and a proven track record of championing innovation
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion - leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions.