Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
In 3 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for an inspiring Engineering Manager to join our ranks. We are looking for someone who has a proven track record leading teams of 8 - 10 cross-functional engineers, fostering their growth & development while driving the delivery and timeline of time-critical projects end-to-end. You should be passionate, extremely knowledgeable about software engineering and shipping software securely with high quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Hire, lead and manage a cross-functional team of 8 - 10 engineers
- Deliver and own the software delivery process of your squads
- Develop and oversee career growth and development plans of your direct reports
- Work with Product Management to define product requirements and develop execution plans to meet those requirements
- Drive team satisfaction, personal growth, and performance
- 8+ years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining software engineering projects
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have experience leading and managing cross-functional engineering teams
- Capacity to navigate between the business and technical domains of a software implementation project, providing leadership in both
- Strong understanding of Agile and DevOps practices