Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 3 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Senior Software Research Engineer to join our R&D team. You’ll be designing, developing, deploying and operating our various dashboards that serve our internal team and our customers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- You will help advance R&D by finding problems, implementing elegant solutions, and building tools that enable the team to move forward and to measure progress.
- You will design minimum viable products that can help get feedback for the team and validate their solution.
- You will collaborate with diverse teams of scientists and engineers to build advanced software systems.
- You will own the infrastructure and tooling used by the different members of the team to enable them to be more productive, efficient and accurate.
- Support the product delivery team with the early stages of transitioning prototypes to production.
- Excellent practical software engineering ability (e.g. Python, C/C++, Golang)
- Interest to work within a research environment
- Has the mindset of scoping and building minimum viable products (MVP).
- A strong knowledge in different software architecture styles.
- A strong knowledge in design patterns and SOLID principles
- A strong hands-on experience in using version control systems (e.g. GIT)
- A good knowledge of containerization technologies (i.e. docker)
- Knowledge of different data pipelines (e.g. kafka).
- Knowledge of visualisation tools and different frontend frameworks.
- Knowledge of deploying and managing services on a kubernetes cluster