THE SWVL STORY
Swvl was started in 2017 by Mostafa Kandil, Ahmed Sabbah and Mahmoud Nouh when they identified
an opportunity to disrupt the public transportation market. Swvl is now the leading technology company
in the mass transportation market. They are a fast-growing data-driven company which is disrupting this
specific market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on-a-daily basis in countries such as
Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on
the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage
the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. SWVL recently (Jun, 2019) raised the Series
B-2 funding round of USD 42 million from Swedish VC Vostok Ventures and Dubai-based BECO Capital,
with China’s MSA, US-based Endeavor Catalyst, Oman’s OTF Jasoor Ventures, Egypt’s Sawari Ventures,
Kuwait’s Arzan VC, Dubai based Blustone, San Francisco-based Autotech, and Property Finder’s CEO
Michael Lahyani also joining in. They have till date raised close to USD 80 million and currently valued at
USD 157 million.
We are looking for someone with 3+ years of experience in supply acquisition in fast paced startups.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
● Setting up direct and indirect channels for fleet acquisition like referrals, vendors, street teams
and conducting on ground marketing activities like flyering, onboarding fairs etc.
● Setting targets and OKRs for the team and setting up a process to engage with the vendors and
suppliers to get the ground pulse on a regular basis.
● Creating offline and online campaigns for creating a strong Top of The Funnel base for smooth
● Understanding Captain trends and behaviors to discover the best opportunities for growth
● Acquire supply for the meeting the requirements of the business and provide best in class
reliability and supply experience for.
● Collaborate with Category teams on building and improving the cost of acquisition and cost or
supply on a ongoing basis
● Proactively understanding and building seasonality in supply to activate relevant channels on
timely basis to ensure continuous flow of supply
● Vendor Management - manage vendor relationships to increase supply on the Swvl Platform
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS
● Very strong experience in setting up channels of acquisitions both offline and online.
● Very strong sales experience or fleet management experience is preferred
● Proven track record of working in ambiguous environments and faced paced startups
● Process driven person who can convert ambiguous business requirements and model into
structured business processes with standard operating procedures.
● Ability to think strategically and operationally, delivering the day to day while defining and leading
the future direction.
● Ability to translate strategies into detailed execution plans and to take them to its desired