Swvl was started in 2017 by Mostafa Kandil, Ahmed Sabbah and Mahmoud Nouh when they identified
an opportunity to disrupt the public transportation market. Swvl is now the leading technology company
in the mass transportation market. They are a fast-growing data-driven company which is disrupting this
specific market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on-a-daily basis in countries such as
Egypt, Kenya and Pakistan.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on
the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions,
encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
About the Role
SWVL is looking to hire an Associate Director for Global Supply Operations based out of Dubai, UAE. This
role will report into the Director of Operations and Experience. This person will be independently leading
the global supply operations capabilities portfolio for Swvl and will have central operations managers
and country based partners and teams to enable him/her to become successful in this role. This person
will require to exhibit really strong customer obsession, stakeholder management, strong business
acumen and great hold and understanding of data.
We are looking for someone with 8+ years experience in central operations or operations research
roles at a regional level.
What You’ll Do
1. This person will be responsible for defining and designing world class capabilities in terms of
tools and processes that will empower and enable the cities to run operations in an easy and
2. He/She will be responsible for identifying and integrating with technologies that can automate
internal processes and help provide differentiated services to our customers.
3. Own KPIs like Supply performance , quality , network reliability and fulfilment rate automated
supply payouts globally.
4. Create and map out the entire supply operations future roadmap in the most efficient and
effective manner to drive customer and captain satisfaction.
5. Forge deep connections with local functional teams and central operations teams -
partnering closely to enable sustainable growth through high impact programs
6. Drive optimization and standardization efforts across the region’s systems, processes, and
tech in order to drive efficiency and effectiveness of programs
7. Set quarterly OKRs for the operations team in line with overall business OKRs
8. Motivate and leverage existing and new team members to continually up-level their results,
expectations, and stretch for increasingly higher levels of impact across all core operational
9. Develop a data to insight framework to drive the creation of actionable, measurable insights
What You'll Need
● A minimum of 7 years of experience within operations, business analytics, strategy or project
● A minimum of 2 years managing cross-functional teams across multiple offices
● Unparalleled business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to
quickly establish the highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them● Motivational leadership driven by personal influence and example with direct staff, peers, and
senior leaders across all company functions
● Experience working closely with internal and external stakeholders in a rapid growth
environment with tight deadlines
● Quantitative data analysis, modelling, and advanced test plan design and analysis experience
● Ability to understand, discern and synthesize complex business, operational and financial issues
into real world strategies.
● Passionate about the messages they represent and a strong storyteller.
● Good leadership skills with the ability to guide others and make them follow.
● Strong understanding of organizational strategy
● A creative thinker with the intellectual horsepower to lead even when the situation is not well
● Possesses particularly good interpersonal skills, is charismatic and has strong influencing skills,
able to lead relationships with cross functional teams.
● History of creating productive working relationships and trust with teams across multiple
● Change management ability (people, process and systems change)
● Adept at presenting to audiences at various levels in a business and influencing decision makers
up to CEO level