Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 2 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Senior Backend Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate collaboration with other engineers, product owners, and designers to solve interesting and challenging problems for delivering various media worldwide.
- Ability to decompose complex business problems and mentor Junior Software Engineers in understanding coding standards, tools, and best practices to help their growth and our team’s overall success.
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable code using Node/GO/ Scala
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Comfortable in building and scaling systems in a growing services infrastructure. You are driven to improve performance, enhance code quality, and establish best practices for your team.
- You are an awesome experienced engineer that is more than comfortable writing Node.JS, Go or Scala.
- 5-8 Years of Experience in Software Development.
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of different datastores
- Experience with caching systems
- Experience with software ci/cd systems
- Experience with multi-threading and memory management
- Experience with microservice architecture