SWVL is a leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market in Egypt (and abroad) making people’s daily lives better.
We are seeking a Data Engineer to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary and extremely talented team. The ideal candidate thrives in an agile environment and has a strong passion for Big Data, ETL, and production quality software.
- Implement, maintain, and scale our data pipeline.
- Implement, maintain, and scale our ETL and ETL framework.
- Come up with efficient solutions for challenging problems with robust, scalable, reusable, efficient, production-quality software.
- Brainstorm ideas write a proof of concepts and benchmarks.
- Implement analytics using big data platforms and frameworks.
- Document the architecture and the technical details of each project clearly.
- Collaborate and communicate closely with the relevant teams throughout the lifecycle of each project.
Skills & Requirements:
- Solid algorithms and data-structures knowledge.
- Thorough understanding of concurrency concepts.
- Good understanding of distributed systems.
- Expertise in one or more object-oriented programming languages (Python, Java, C++).
- Strong SQL and relational DB experience.
- Experience with relational and non-relational data modeling.
- Experience with one or more distributed batch data processing platforms (Hadoop, Spark, etc..).
- Experience with one or more distributed real-time data processing platform (Spark Streaming, Storm, Flink, etc..).
- Experience with one or more pub/sub data bus such as Kafka, or
- Good knowledge of at least one NoSQL database technology (columnar, graph, or document databases).
- Experience with Protocol Buffers, Apache Thrift, or Apache Avro.
- Experience with BigQuery is a plus.
- Eager to learn and improve.