Position: Global Head of Demand - InterCity Travel Category
Reporting to: Global VP of travel
Location: Dubai/Cairo (with up to 30% travel across operational and new markets)
Responsibilities and Duties:
● Develop the Global Demand (online and offline growth and marketing) strategy & annual plan for the inter-city
business, and ensure resources are allocated to the highest impact projects.
● Partner with Central Growth and Marketing teams in strategic and tactical planning globally.
● Own Utilization on the Swvl Managed transportation inter-city network, as well as sales on the Aggregator
Marketplace network, and work closely with country General Managers on improving their sales planning to
accommodate for seasonality and customer demand trends.
● Secure commitments from cross functional stakeholders to deliver high priority initiatives & revenue targets.
● Support the Global Supply team in the development and ramp-up of service lines, geographies, and clusters
that show promising demand signals to increase the selection offering.
● Oversee a global budget and analyze the effectiveness of various programs and opportunities across all
● Lead prioritization exercises to define opportunities for driving new customer growth and help define business
requirements for features that can be added to product roadmap
● Ensure a positive customer experience across various channels, and work as an advocate for our customers
● Partner with central growth and marketing teams to understand how global programs can be made locally
relevant in a scalable way
● You hold a degree preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or a related field.
● You have leadership experience gained through 7+ years of business and team responsibility in the field of
digital marketing and offline marketing in a global setup.
● You have a background in (transportation, ride hailing, logistics, e-commerce, consulting, investment banking)
or similar industries as well as in project management.
● Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to back up assumptions.
● Fluency in English is required, any other language is a plus.
● Willingness and availability to travel, and perform other duties as needed
● You bring an entrepreneurial spirit, hands-on mentality and are full of energy and ambition.
● You are organised. You deliver on time & handle competing priorities well.
● You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, are an inspirational leader and never stop challenging the
● You are a strong communicator; you enjoy representing your teams and lead with both confidence and
Swvl is a global tech startup based in Dubai that provides a semi-private alternative to public transportation for
individuals who cannot afford or access private options. The Company has built a parallel mass transit system
offering intercity, intracity, B2B and B2G transportation in 10 megacities across Africa, Asia, and the Middle
East. Swvl’s tech-enabled offerings make mobility safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly, while still
ensuring that it is accessible and affordable for everyone. Customers can book their rides on an easy-to-use
app with varied payment options and access high-quality private buses and vans that operate according to fixed
routes, stations, times, and prices.