Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data- driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as the Gulf, Middle East and Africa.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
SWVL is looking to hire a Marketplace Operations Manager based out of Kenya. This role will report into the Head of Retail. This person will be independently leading certain key Ops functions like captain performance and will be required to exhibit really strong stakeholder management, strong business acumen and great hold and understanding of data.
We are looking for someone with 5+ years of management experience in fast paced startups.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own and drive quality initiatives centrally to strengthen the promise made to customers and captain.
- Build automated and scalable solutions to solve for the operational problems to enable cities and faster and leaner execution.
- Proactively identify new avenues of optimization of processes and systems.
- Design data based experiments to establish proof of concept or validate hypothesis and transform them into actionable processes and systems.
- Working closely with the city operations teams to ensure the operationalization of the plans agreed to achieve targets.
- The candidate will convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leaders and drive the changes required.
- The candidate will be required to stay on top of trends in a continuously evolving landscape, find the right opportunities and priorities based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Analyze data and insights to drive performance and efficiency.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/ QUALIFICATIONS
- Very strong experience in stake-holder management and data driven problem solving
- Proven track record of working in ambiguous environments and faced paced startups
- Process driven person who can convert ambiguous business requirements and model into structured business processes with standard operating procedures.
- Highly analytical thinker, passionate about the value of data and compelled to find insight in it.
- Ability to think strategically and operationally, delivering the day to day while defining and leading the future direction.
- Ability to translate strategies into detailed execution plans and to take them to its desired outcomes.