Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
In 2 years Swvl started operating in 6 cities across 3 countries; Cairo & Alexandria in Egypt, Nairobi in Kenya, and Lahore, Karachi & Islamabad in Pakistan.
We are looking for engaged and enthusiastic Senior Android Engineer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. You will work with our team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of Swvl’s android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will play an important part in our mobile engineering practice, implementing new features, improving performance, and building beautiful user interfaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Influence and contribute to Android architecture across the engineering organisation.
- Drive best engineering practices within your team and Android chapter.
- Work hands-on in a squad.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy of the Android chapter.
- Define, scope out and lead a long-term effort to solve large meaningful problems for Swvl android application.
- Debug and solve complex issues by translating business problems into technical solutions.
- Mentor and teach fellow engineers, and deeply engage with the team on how they can increase their impact as citizens of Swvl engineering.
- Create frameworks and abstractions that are reliable, reusable and avoid surprising outcomes.
- Identify and solve major architectural problems by going deep in your field or broad across different teams.
- 5-8 years of experience developing, shipping and maintaining native Android apps
- Expert level knowledge in Android development, with a deep understanding of Android core frameworks
- Strong leadership experience: Leading meetings, presenting, technical go-to person, and cross-functional leader
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Have experience in mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- Understanding of software design patterns and Android design patterns
- 3+ years experience with web services (consuming or creating) with REST
- Experience working closely with product and design
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience