Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges that come our way. It started with an observation turning into a realization; too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space, and money.
In 4 years Swvl became the first $1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Our main goal is not just to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change.
We are looking for an engaged and enthusiastic Engineer to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development.
About the Growth tribe?
We’re constantly growing our customer base by giving our end users what they need. Whether it’s discount packages, more streamlined communications, or a frictionless sign-up process, we drive growth by satisfying our regular and potential commuters. Come join us in the journey of reshaping how we help customers get the best value out of their Swvl experience.
What will you be doing?
- Reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Designing and helping in creating the architecture of test automation.
- Designing, building, and maintaining high-performance, reusable, and reliable test automation code.
- Building and executing testing infrastructures (documentation, automation, and test plans and scenarios) for new features.
- Improving and building upon our test suite, test guidelines, and testing culture.
- Supporting teammates by providing technical guidance, mentoring and coaching, and problem-solving in complex or large projects.
- Reviewing and testing chapter teammates’ pull requests.
- Iterating over squad processes with squad teammates.
- Riding with a hyper-growing company, requiring an agile mindset.
- Having fun doing it.
- 5-8 years of experience in software development.
- Thorough understanding of SDLC and STLC best practices and different testing techniques like TDD and BDD.
- Experience in writing clear and comprehensive test plans and test scenarios and cases.
- Experience in mobile app and web automation testing using a tool such as Selenium or Appium.
- Experience in backend service automation testing such as APIs, databases, distributed services, and distributed systems.
- Experience in performance, load, and stress testing types.
- Experience in managing detailed test coverage and improving test efficiency.
- Ability to create CI/CD pipelines for the related projects.
- Enjoys breaking things and solving problems - not just able to find out the 'what', but also the 'why'.
- Ability to work with agile methodology to ship high-quality products to production.
- Experience with UNIX/Linux is a plus.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and container technologies is a plus.