Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan and others.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Own and drive capacity utilization through constant growth and optimization of the network
- Build robust network planning engines to predict latent demand
- Track performance of all routes and stations to remove inefficiencies from the system
- Own and drive quality initiatives centrally to strengthen the promise made to customers
- Build automated and scalable solutions to solve for the operational problems to enable cities and faster and leaner execution.
- Proactively identify new avenues of demand including partnerships with institutions like banks, gated communities, FMCGs etc.
- Design data based experiments to establish proof of concept or validate hypothesis and transform them into actionable processes and systems.
- Working closely with the city operations teams to ensure the operationalization of the plans agreed to achieve targets.
- The candidate will convert strategies into action by liaising with cross-functional leaders and drive the changes required.
- The candidate will be required to stay on top of trends in a continuously evolving landscape, find the right opportunities and prioritize based on size, internal capabilities, etc.
- Analyze data and insights to drive performance and efficiency.
Professional Experience & Qualifications
- Very strong experience in stake-holder management and data driven problem solving
- Proven track record of working in ambiguous environments and faced paced startups
- Process driven person who can convert ambiguous business requirements and model into structured business processes with standard operating procedures.
- Highly analytical thinker, passionate about the value of data and compelled to find insight in it.
- Ability to think strategically and operationally, delivering the day to day while defining and leading the future direction.
- Ability to translate strategies into detailed execution plans and to take them to its desired outcomes.
- Good understanding of the market in terms of city layout and transportation landscape.
- Bachelors Degree with 5-6 years of relevant experience.