Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data- driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as the Gulf, Middle East and Africa.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
Roles and responsibilities
The Performance Specialist will report to the Planning and Performance Manager.
The areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring and improving captain performance KPIs e.g. reliability, fulfillment, ratings, ride cancellations, etc.
- Performance-related communications to captains through SMS, phone calls and captain meetings.
- Monitoring and improving the quality of training by reviewing training procedures and materials.
- Facilitating captain retention and loyalty programs e.g. captain bonuses, captain graduation program, captain loyalty programs, captain NPS surveys etc.
- Auditing captain violation deductions as per the Nairobi Violations Matrix.
- Overseeing the implementation of performance-related bonuses and deductions e.g. no shows and vehicle breakdown deductions.
Experience and personal qualities
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Dashboard and Bit query access and training would be preferred.
The following personal qualities are preferred:
- Unquestionable integrity and a commitment to do the right thing at all times.
- Assertive and tactful in dealing with people.
- Effective planning, organizing and time management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both English and Swahili.
- Good communicator and able to handle diverse personalities.
- Self- driven individual with the ability to multitask and handle varied moving parts in a complex and demanding environment.
- The ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with a range of people (both internally and externally).
- A commitment to teamwork and working in a professional manner.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.