Social Media Moderator
SWVL is a fast-growing technology company which is disrupting the public transportation market in
Kenya and is continuously making people’s lives better. We started with an observation of the over
dependence on personal cars and the consequent pains of moving around the city. Rush hours, traffic,
terrible driving habits and unavailability of parking spots came to mind in addition to the pain of high
cost of on-demand services.
Our goal is to transform the transportation scene in Kenya, through providing a technology-based
alternative to public transportation; a smart solution that solves the transportation equation, leading
to helping more people commute for less, with ease and comfort.
SWVL is a revolutionary idea born out of passion and a strong desire to change people’s lives. We strive
to provide more than just a means to facilitate commuting and have a hunger to provide out of the box
solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. We currently have
operations in seven(7) countries, Kenya, Egypt, Pakistan, Dubai, Jordan, Singapore and Saudi Arabia
Roles and responsibilities
We are seeking highly skilled self-motivated individuals who will join our marketing team. Ideal
candidate will be part of our community managers and have direct contact with our potential/existing
users on all social media platforms. He/She will be tasked with responding to any social media
encounters while maintaining our brand tone. As our social media brand ambassador, you will guide
potential users, answer any questions or concerns. He/she should be able to engage our social media
fans/critiques with creative responses that amplify our brand image and display our brand in a positive
The Social Media Moderator is responsible for engaging existing and potential clients directly through
our social media platforms and promptly responding to any social media encounters in a creative
manner that will amplify our brand image in a positive light. In more detail, the areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
● Set and implement social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies.
● Provide engaging text, images and video content for social media accounts.
●Monitor and report on feedback and online reviews
● Organize and participate in events to build community and boost brand awareness.
● Coordinate with Marketing, PR and communications teams to ensure brand consistency.
● Liaise with Tech and Experience teams to stay updated on new products and features.
● Build relationships with users, potential customers, industry professionals and journalists.
●Respond to comments and customer queries in a timely manner.
Experience and personal qualities
● Proven work experience as community manager/Social media moderator
● Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. Building an online forum, launching an
ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
● Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics.
● Excellent oral/written communication skills
● Hands-on experience with social media management.
● Ability to interpret traffic and online customer engagement metrics.
● Knowledge of online marketing and marketing channels.
● Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
● B.sc degree/Diploma in Marketing or relevant field.
The role will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.