Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, and Jordan
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
We are looking for driven individual to work in a data-driven product management team, helping impact the user experience on our product. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive our user behavior and steer the product vision. You will study user behavior in depth to validate critical features and user experiences. The role is inherently cross-functional: You will work closely with a high-energy team consisting of software engineering, data analytics, user experience, device marketing, customer service, and executive team members. This role is a good fit for someone who is creative yet highly data-driven and who has strong customer focus and ‘product sense’, combined with an established track record in user behavior analysis.
What You’ll Do
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization and across entities to identify opportunities for leveraging internal and external data to drive business impact
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use statistical and predictive techniques to build models for optimizing products and improving user experience
- Run A/B tests and experiments, perform statistical analysis and fine-tuning using test results
- Train and retrain systems when necessary
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Own and lead end to end data analysis to improve and optimize performance, capture meaningful insights and turn them into business advantages
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Build visibility of key business metrics across teams through effective reporting and dashboarding
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics), or Economics. Advanced degree in related topic is a strong plus
- 3+ years of experience in statistical modelling / machine learning, applying these methods to solve product problems
- Strong strategic aptitude; ability to define and measure success of a product or feature based on user behavior analysis on large data sets
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems and solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Strong storytelling: distill interesting and hard-to-find insights into a compelling, concise data story
- In depth knowledge of developing and implementing statistical/ML models (i.e., both supervised and unsupervised) using industry standard tools – R, Python and Java
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL language, and experience with visualization tools
- Previous experience in consumer internet industry would be preferred
- Strong presentation and communication skills with the ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Fluency in English