Swvl is the leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, Malaysia, Saudi, Spain and Jordan. In 4 years Swvl became the first 1.5 billion unicorn in the Middle East to list on NASDAQ and currently the 2nd best-funded startup in the MENA region. With a presence and operations in up to 10 countries worldwide and a vision to be active on 6 continents.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the Role
The People Operation Manager will be responsible to work closely with business leadership and the HRBP team to build and deploy HR solutions end-to-end and act as a force multiplier for the broader people strategy at Swvl. You will be responsible for helping us build and support this exceptional group of people that can scale and support the company as it grows, ensuring that all staff understand how people's decisions get made. The ideal candidate should have a deep HR functional knowledge in multiple domains and should be able to work independently, be innovative, and deploy solutions in a dynamic and hyperscaling environment. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and addressing complex talent problems and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence. Strong project management skills plus a proven ability to help design and implement tools/processes are critical to the success in this role.
What You’ll Do
● Setting up onboarding, offboarding, confirmations, final settlements, promotions, increments and transfers for employees.
● Set up appropriate data dashboards and review systems to aid the Head of HR and Senior leadership team employment processing, compensation and benefits, records management, employee relations, Compliance, and labor relations.
● Guides management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organization values.
● Build and maintain successful partnerships with HR stakeholders and key business sponsors across Swvl Dubai to address employee escalations amicably and quickly.
● Participate/Drive a variety of projects including program design, analysis, budgeting, and implementation of new talent programs around employee engagement, recognition, key talent retention, compensation assessment.
● Perform hands-on project management such as development of project plans, scheduling and planning, monitoring and status reporting against planned deliverables, benefits and milestones, resource and program tracking, development and management of risk, issue and action logs.
● Provide useful data to help guide decision making and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently.
● Provide leadership on people related issues and policies across the company.
● Be able to communicate at all levels in the company and to support business development and change.
● Collaborates closely with the HR team, business leadership to design and implement talent programs that aim to attract, measure, develop and manage Swvl’s talent pool.
● Consult with business on job evaluations using market data and internal evaluation.
● Keep track of and analyze HR metrics.
● Work on Legal and regulatory frameworks from a People perspective.
● Work on Total Reward guidelines and benchmarks as per market and provide recommendations.
● Own all HR systems implementation, deployment across Swvl.
What You’ll Need
● To be thoroughly informed of the company culture and values.
● Show an ability to challenge conventional approaches and a willingness to build a unique
● Hands-on experience in the industry of the country you are located in.
● experience with core central HR functions e.g., Rewards, Performance Management, onboarding,
compensation, and benefits.
● Are nimble and open to challenging status quo, taking risks, and pushing the innovation envelope
when it comes to strategic vision and leadership; you can build something out of nothing and
possess the ability to try new things with minimal oversight.
● Have impeccable attention to detail, a supreme standard of output, and demonstrated ability to
communicate proactively and with purpose.
● Carry a strong problem-solving track record—you’re able to think critically through unique
problems with no set playbook and quickly implement a path to a solution; you can effortlessly
choose between big picture strategy and in-the-weeds tactical problem-solving.
● Should be a thorough hustler, very analytical and love to go into details.
● Has a passion for data and a passion for supplying their clients (business leadership