SWVL is the leading high technology company on the mass transportation market. We
are a fast growing data driven company which is disrupting the public transportation market in Egypt (and abroad) making people’s lives better on a daily basis.
It started with an observation turning into a realization, too many cars on the streets, wasting our limited resources: time, space and money.
We had to question why we depend so much on our cars ? And what are the consequent pains of moving around the city? Rush hours, traffic, terrible driving habits and unavailability of parking spots came rushing through our minds in addition to the pain of the high cost of on-demand services.
While an affordable decent public commuting solution is not accessible, we thought how can we improve people’s lives? And here Swvl was created, revolutionizing the transportation scene in Egypt, through providing a technology-based alternative to public transportation, a smart solution that solves the transportation equation, leading to helping more commute for less, with ease and comfort.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation and inspire change.
What You'll Do
You would be working closely with sales, service, product, operations, engineering, , and technical support resources to ensure proposed deals include technical solutions that address customer needs.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers
- Talk with customers, product team, and engineers to assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Help in researching and developing new products
- Collaborating with sales teams to understand customer requirements and provide sales support.
- Identifying areas for improvement and communicating these issues as well as possible solutions to product and upper management.
- Training other members of the sales team on the technical aspects of the company's products and services.
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Standardizing the service design for typical and general client requirements.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Provides product, and service technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives. Contributes to final customer pricing based on cost structure and pricing module, factoring in the cost of customizations and integrations that should be attributed to the client.
What You'll Need
- Fluency in English is a must. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, marketing, business administration, or related field.
- The ability to communicate technical information to non-technical customers. Effective interpersonal communication and strong project management skills.
- Previous experience in business-to-business (B2B) sales for SaaS Solutions. Pre-sales experience is essential.
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work in a high-stress sales environment and multitask.
- Ability to interpret technical documents and specifications.
- Results oriented individual with ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Comfortable presenting in front of C-level executives as well as technical audiences including developers, network or security engineers.
- Able to identify gaps and create and drive initiatives towards meeting goals.
- Understanding customer pain points and projects and effectively positioning SWVL solutions to solve those problems.
- Provide technical expertise through sales presentations that provide detailed technical information about solution capabilities, competitive differentiation, and industry knowledge.
- Work with account managers or business development to coordinate efforts between partners and customers.
- Conduct onsite or remote web presentations, demonstrations and proof-of-concepts.
- Respond in a timely manner to technical pre- and post-sales inquiries.
- Provide feedback to product management and marketing organizations on customer needs and issues.
- Create write-ups for technical notes, application notes, white papers, success stories or other technical documentation’
- Ability to understand RFP/RFQs, respond in a technical manner and lead the project end to end.
- Proactively identify sales opportunities in the market by scoping out upcoming RFPs
Good to Have
- Fluency in Spanish, Portuguese, German and/or Italian
- Experience in consultative sales, 10 years in Mobility, Transportation , product analysis vs. business requirements.
- Willingness and ability to travel 10% to 70% of the time, depending on the position and sales role
- Experience with Python, SQL, Looker, Big Query, AWS, GCP