Swvl is the global leading technology company in the mass transportation market. We are a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market on multiple continents making people’s lives better on a daily basis in countries such as Egypt, Kenya, Pakistan, UAE, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. We have recently signed a $1.5bn business combination agreement with Queen’s Gambit Growth Capital to go public on Nasdaq.
Swvl is a revolutionary idea that was born from passion, loyalty, and persistence to face all challenges on the table, Swvl is not just a means to facilitate commuting, but a hunger to strive for solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. Swvl has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day.
About the role
We are looking for a Head of Investor Relations for Swvl with strong connectivity with global (including US) investor and research analyst base in the industry. The role will be reporting into CFO.
What you’ll do
- Develop a robust investor relations strategy and framework
- Build equity research and investor relationships
- Create financial model that serves as basis for guidance
- Prepare investor and research presentations
- Facilitate financial analyst and investor meetings and accompany the leadership team to the meetings
- Analyze information from the broker/analyst/investment community and prepare internal reports outlining key findings and trends
- Develop and maintain a database on analysts and key investors
- Develop and maintain investor relations calendars and conduct investor perception studies
- Draft all investor relations communication materials and public documents, including presentations, filings, announcements, Q&A documents, information memos, briefings, website content etc.
- Assist with development of investor roadshows and other corporate event support, including AGMs and shareholder meetings
- Produce quarterly and annual shareholder reports
- Oversee and manage quarterly earnings and conference calls
- Work with legal counsel to ensure compliance on regulatory matters
- Work with the communications team to coordinate messaging on investor related issues
- Analyze corporate activities for investors, identifying networking and other opportunities to build and create new initiatives
- Help prepare the company’s filings
- Provide insights on market activity and present them to the leadership team
- Analyze and present financial trends, competitor behavior, shareholder issues, and anything else that could impact the business
What you bring to the team
- Strong connectivity with global (including US) investor and research analyst base in the industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Business, or related field required
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience dealing with investors and research analysts
- Strong understanding of SEC laws and securities disclosure requirements, as well as filing requirements
- Deep of the capital markets, as well as a thorough understanding of key metrics for companies in the industry
- Intimately familiar valuation methods used by analysts and investors in the industry
- Strong understanding of emerging markets
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment